Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hiking

Hiking is one of my newfound favorite outdoor activity! It's a great way to spend some time outdoors, get some exercise in and give the dogs something to look forward to every week!

So far I've only gone to a few places but one of the great things about living in Pasadena is that you are so close to many different hiking trails! I'm really trying to make this a weekly activity because it's just such a great way to spend time with your family.

Chantry Flat: 
We took the easier trail to the waterfall and roundtrip was about 2.5 miles and took us about an hour and a half. Which isn't bad considering we stopped at the waterfall and ate sandwiches. Very nice and peaceful hike but the uphill climb on the way back is a bit grueling.
 Gorgeous Views. But get here early or you'll have to park all the way down the mountain! We got here around 7:30am.
 Trails are wide and some parts are paved, which is nice for beginners like me

 Cross a bridge...
 Cross a stream of rocks...this is where Foxy kind of freaked out and started moving around in my arms so I almost FELL. Thank goodness I didn't because it was very cold that morning.
 Finally made it to the waterfall!
 Trying to get a picture with the dogs
 They kind of cooperated
 On the way back. All that's going through my head is PLEASE DON'T LET ME FALL!

Griffith Observatory Hike:
This hike was not as nice as the Chantry Flat Hike but it did have nice wide trials and is very dog friendly.  I'm not sure which trial we took but it was the one that hikes up to the Griffith Observatory. It was a pretty intense climb uphill but it was relatively short and we got up there in about 45mins.
 View at the top
 Playing inside the observatory
 Doggies
 The Trails Cafe! Awesome food! We parked close to here so it was a wonderful way to finish off our hike with a healthy breakfast
 All outdoors so it's very dog friendly
My "breakfast in a bowl"- egg with bacon with a drizzle of maple syrup. YUM.


And today I'm off to Eaton Canyon! Will remember to take more comprehensive pictures this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...