Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Mr.'s 29th Birthday

Last week was a super hectic week because I was busy planning a surprise birthday party for my darling husband! I decided to host a dinner party for his close friends (well only 7 of them because it was the  most I could squeeze at our dining table). Hosting a formal dinner party is definitely stressful but also really fun and rewarding when you see the look on your guests face. And in this case, my husband was the guest of honor and it was his reaction I valued the most. I'm so glad the party was a complete surprise to him and a great success! Thanks to everyone that helped out and especially the lovely Miss Ahn for taking all of the wonderful pictures! See her amazing blog here.

Without further ado...
The theme was "artsy and colorful"
Yes these are the 36" latex gallons. I LOVE THEM.
Yeap! Everyone got their own fake mustache
Avocado Shrimp Salad

With Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing

Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
The glorious prime rib
Dinner is served!

Yes, it was perfectly medium rare and amazing
Dessert
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Thanks Everyone!
What a goofy bunch we are
To my love. Happy 29th Birthday! Just wait till your 30th, I have the most amazing party in the works for you ;)


Dinner Menu:

Avocado Shrimp Salad with Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing
Prime Rib (Recipe by Chef John)
Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes (Recipe by Chef John)
Creamed Corn
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...